A classic mojito is anything but a winter holiday treat, but for all the mojito lovers out there, there might be a solution to hold you off through those cold winter months! By adding a simple twist on a summer favorite, this drink and candle combo is sure to satisfy all your cravings.
Gold and Ivy’s Winter Berry is a candle inspired by the delicious dark fruits that bring you back to the winter holidays in your mind. Mulberry, cranberry and black cherry notes surrounded by earthy notes of pine and green mistletoe. This winter mojito is the perfect pairing. The standard lime and mint in the mojito provide your traditional, refreshing organic flavour while the coconut milk forms a deliciously creamy and full body that makes this cocktail feel like something that should be enjoyed fireside rather than poolside. Top it off with the subtle aroma and hint of
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 1/4-1/2 cup coconut rum dependent on your taste
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- sparkling water for topping
- pomegranate arils for serving
- In a large pitcher, muddle the lime juice, sugar and mint leaves until the leaves have broken down.
- In a blender, combine the white rum, coconut rum, and coconut milk and pulse until smooth. Pour over the mint/lime sugar mixture and stir to combine. Chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, divide ice among glasses and fill halfway with the mojito mix. Top with sparkling water, mint and pomegranate.
Enjoy these blogs? Sign up for our email list and receive updates every time a new blog is uploaded?