Whiskey old fashioned is normally enough to make some people turn away pretty quickly, but this might just be the drink to change your mind. It is no doubt that cinnamon, nutmeg and
Cinnamon Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- 3 cinnamon sticks
For the Cocktail
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon rosemary simple syrup
- 3 dashes angostura bitters
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 orange peel
- rosemary sprig for garnish optional
- Start by making the simple syrup. In a small saucepan, combine honey, water, rosemary sprigs, and cinnamon sticks over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently until honey has dissolved into the water. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Once cool, remove rosemary and cinnamon sticks and transfer to an airtight container. (Note: It is important to use cinnamon sticks in this recipe, not ground cinnamon)
- When ready to make cocktail, add 4 teaspoons of the cinnamon rosemary simple syrup and 3 dashes of bitters to an Old Fashioned glass. Swirl syrup and bitters around in glass. Add bourbon, ice, orange peel, and stir. Store extra simple syrup in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!
Enjoy these blogs? Sign up for our email list to get alerted every time we post a new one!